Narrow gap GTA welding
The increasing demands for better quality in the welding work for customers in the pulp and paper industry and the energy sector mean that we have to set higher requirements for the welding methods we use.
The use of narrow gap GTA welding improves the quality and ensures a much better economic efficiency. Through minimizing the volume of the weld, the narrow gap GTA welding offers a low number of beads, low total heat input and less axial and radial shrinkage.
The benefits of narrow gap GTA welding over the more traditional methods include:
- Reduced weld volume - shorter welding time
- Small consumption of shielding gas
- Lower heat input
- Small consumption of filler material
- Lower incidence of weld metal defects
- Lower residual stresses
- Easy mechanisation and automatisation
Hollming Works is improving its competitive strength in manufacturing demanding fabricated products.